Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Metro FM DJ brutally beaten and Hijacked

 Metro FM DJ and Shiz Niz producer Rashid Kay was hijacked on Saturday.
The DJ, whose real name is Mduduzi Khumalo, was visiting his parents in Moffat View, Joburg. “I drove in and was about to close the gate when I saw another car stopping at the gate.
“I thought my parents had visitors so I left the gate open and went back to my car to make space for them.”
Rashid said he then saw two men pointing guns at him. “One told me to lie down. They hit me with a gun and put me in the back seat.
“While one tormented me, the other guy drove my VW GTI.
“Every time I tried to look them in the face or move, they would beat me.
“They asked for my bank pin and we stopped at a garage to withdraw cash.
“They changed cars and while they were putting me into the new car, I heard them talking about Tembisa.
“I think that was where we were.
“They kept me for four hours and beat me. They then took my clothes, including my underwear, and left me naked in the bush in South Hills.”
Rashid went to the nearest house and asked to use the phone. “I called my business partner, Osmic Menoe, and he came to pick me up.
“I’m worried they might still be withdrawing from my account because I can’t access it. The bank said they could only help me if I had my ID.”
Constable Mekateko Bila confirmed a hijacking case has been opened. “The task team is investigating the case.”

No comments:

Post a Comment