Monday, September 18, 2017

Kota's The best thing since sliced BREAD!

KOTA lovers came out in their numbers to experience different flavours!
This weekend, thousands queued at the kasi’s first Kota Festival at the Soweto Theatre in Jabulani.
More than 30 professional chefs came together to show their skills at what is known as the kasi burger.
They put together green peppers, grilled tomatoes, lettuce and chicken feet to add spice to the popular kasi meal.
Experienced chef Katlego Mlambo told Daily Sun: “I wanted to show what South Africa is all about.”
Katlego made two kotas – a bujwa burger and a Russian kota, which has a healthy twist.
“I’m having fun playing around with the ingredients.
“As a chef you need to get the foundation correct and the rest is easy. Kota is loved by most people in kasis,” he said.
Kota fan Kgahliso Mahlako (26) said: “When I heard about the festival, I had to attend. My love of kotas goes back to my high school years.”
She had a rib kota and said it was like nothing she had ever tasted before. Julius Charles (30) had a beef stew kota.
“The first time I ate a kota was three years ago, and I’ve been hooked ever since. I’m impressed,” he said.
Organiser Sydwel Tshingilane said: “We decided to host a kota festival as it’s the most popular meal ekasi.”
Over 3000 people came on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment